Quickly Find the Chapters of my Story

Thursday, February 17, 2011

What's it Take?

Being called nerd by many people who have met me, I come to think of it as a compliment. But lately I've been wondering, what does it really take to be a "Nerd"? Looking back into the days of when I watched shows like Saved by the Bell, the writers made it pretty clear what a nerd was back in their day(big goofy glasses, shirts buttoned all the way up, tracker keepers, pants high up on your waist, snorting laugh, high IQ, low bodily muscle, trading cards and weird interests, no dates, loads of pencils in their shirt pocket, etc.). But nowadays none of that stuff has been described for a nerd. Yes, I'm pretty smart, and yes, I do have a few interests that are questionable by "the cool people", but also many girls like me, I'm dating one, I have an interest in sports, I'm an ex-wrestler, I wear jeans and an old cowboy hat, and I have many sorts of different friends. So, what exactly labels me a nerd? What do you guys think? Don't be afraid to leave a comment. That's my side of the story.

1 comment:

  1. You arent a nerd! Nerds are cool in there on nerdy way while you are if anything a dork. You do like half of the things that are labeled up there for what nerds are like. Also nerds do have intrests in sports its the not being good at them that makes them nerds. WOW this comes off as harsh my bad. Also I think you and everyone else are getting nerd and cyper punk confused.

    ReplyDelete